Creating event websites that inspire
We provide websites and online marketing, mainly for the event, exhibition and conference market.
We understand that an event website needs to bring the event brand alive, encourage dialogue and interactivity between the exhibitors, sponsors, press and prospective visitors, really showing the value of taking part and attending before the doors open.
The Product – SHOWOFF
All our websites are powered by an in-house developed product called SHOWOFF. Specifically designed for marketers, the SHOWOFF platform has been built to specialise in the design and development of content rich event websites for event/expo organisers. No other web development company has our level of exhibition expertise, which means we can provide bespoke strategic and technical advice as well as around-the-clock support.
With over 3,500 event websites built, 130 million emails sent and 100,000 exhibitors currently using the system; SHOWOFF is a tried and tested product and an industry leader.
SHOWOFF is built of a core system with additional module, such as our EMS (email marketing system)
Benefits of using SHOWOFF
SHOWOFF’s modular system provides great functionality to your website.
- Content Management System
- High end design and flexibility
- Visitor Generated Content
- Smart Phone Compatibility
- Revenue Generating
- E-Mail Marketing
- Traceable Marketing
- Responsive Design
- Exhibitor Generate Content
- Data Capture
- Social Media
- Search Engine Optimization
- RSS Feeds
- Seminar Timetabling
We also link in to Onsite Registration, Floorplans and CRM databases.
Innovations every month
ASP has been creating database driven event websites since 1997. We are known for innovation in our field. Do you know for example we were the first with log-in "exhibitor zones" for exhibitors to upload content in 1998? Or that we have enabled shows with appointment settings services since 1998 too? Most recently we are creating the first responsive websites for the UK events industry.
ASP we take security very seriously. If we had lost a clients' data or a website had been hacked not only is that terrible for our clients but also it's a disastrous loss of reputation for ASP and that's a real incentive to stay on top of our game.
- We run all the required off-site backups and get reports if backups failed to run - which they don't.
- We ensure that every server runs the smallest software footprint possible (i.e. we don't install additional software unless it's really needed.)
- We run a Defense In Depth approach - for example the database servers are protected by multiple layers of firewalls in addition to other measures.
- When someone connects to the servers (e.g. visiting a home page), chances are we know if they are 'suspect' and respond appropriately.
- We run real time server monitors from 2 sources and are aware of any drops in service speed immediately.
- We run Adobe ColdFusion applications - much harder for the average script bunny to attack.
- Anti-Virus software is correctly installed and updated on all ASP machines.
- We have PCI compliance.
- We are tested by external penetration test companies.
We host our systems in a state of the art hosting center.
- Perimeter & Building Security – 24 hour manned car park with barrier entry control and the accommodation is manned 24 x 7 x 365 with a security force
- Data Suite Security – includes CCTV with 24x7 recording delivered over IP to NOC monitors as well as 24x7 engineers for helpdesk and remote hands support
- Network resilience – includes a triangulated link between 3 hosting centers plus back-up LAN runs over separate switching infrastructure
- Fire Protection Plan – Datasuite provided with a pre-action fire protection system and an FM200 gas fire suppression system
- Failsafe power – The accommodation is fed from a 11kV service with two feeders giving 100% redundancy to the supply cable
- Generator Backup – Each UPS system is supported by a 2,500HP Caterpillar diesel engine that also generates power for essential loads such as cooling plant
- UPS Capacity – three rotary UPS systems to provide N+1 redundancy, each rated at 1,100kVA
- HVAC System – The Datasuite is serviced by 5 x 60kW Liebert-Hiross downflow air conditioning units that pressurise the raised floor areas. Conditioned air rises up through cutouts under the racks/cabinets and through floor grills in the circulation routes.
- Leak Detection System – Any leak will activate this system and can be located by control panel graphics
- Building Management System – make management decisions about the environmental stability of the accommodation from any off-site location
We have written our own product - SHOWOFF which runs as a Software as a Service (SaaS) product. This means you do not install any software and all the website changes and email marketing is handled via a web browser. In terms of our set-up we run mainly a Microsoft Windows Server environment coupled with Microsoft SQL Server as the core database. Our application is coded in Adobe's ColdFusion which we find to be very secure and quick to code in. Some of our equipment also runs open source software based on Linux.